Well equipped laboratories and experienced engineer personnel enable the National Institute of Telecommunications to provide various technical services.
The most important tasks in this area include:
- subjects related to public services; these works are conducted on regular basis and are necessary for state functioning;
- expert's services: different kinds of opinions, scientific and technical valuations, analyses and expertises, current technical assistance. The services are provided for telecommunication operators, Ministry of Infrastructure, Ministry of Interior and Administration, Office of Electronic Communications;
- development of technical and operational requirements; National Institute of Telecommunications traditionally has prepared different technical and operational specifications for devices introduced in the telecommunication network;
- verification and calibration of measuring standards and instruments; Laboratory of Electrical, Electronic & Optoelectronic Metrology (LMEEiO) of the Institute calibrates measuring instruments of its own and other laboratories of the Institute and also for external customers;
- production of short runs of equipment developed by the Institute, e.g. TBA-IŁ telecom battery tester, PM testers for the system of managing the quality of telecommunication network ( AWP-IŁ) and Cable monitoring and protection system (SMOK-2U).