Full name of the project: ID-based SEcure COMmunications system for unified Access in IoT
Co-financing: This project is funded by the Luxembourgian Fonds National de la Recherche (FNR) and the Polish National Centre for Research and Development (NCBR).
Contract no.: POLLUX-II/3
Project duration: 01.04.2014-31.03.2017
Implementation: National Institute of Telecommunication (Internet Architectures and Applications Department - Z-3) – contractor,
Warsaw University of Technology – co-contractor, University of Luxembourg - co-contractor.
Project value: 691 794,00 euro
Project aim: The project IDSECOM aims to build a secure platform for self-management of the Things and services in the Internet of Things environment. The proposed platform brings the functionalities of the so-called ID layer to the network structure and integrates self-management, mobility and security/privacy functionalities in order to create a network infrastructure that offers an easier (and intuitive) access to the IoT (Internet of Things) services.
The efforts of this project are directed to build an extended secure ID layer, which solves object and service access in the network itself. Moreover, IDSECOM system extends the current ID layer solutions by:
- addressing not only objects but also services,
- distributing and facilitating general process as registration and publication of objects/services,
- adding enhanced security and privacy mechanisms,
- introducing ID layer self-management functionalities in network level,
- improving flexibility in multicast/anycast communications at different levels and
- optimizing information forwarding.