Mission of the National Institute of Telecommunications
We are a leading, independent, national research and development institution specializing in telecommunications and information technology.
We serve purposes of the development of information society and knowledge-based economy.
We provide a scientific, research and technical support to any institutions of the state.
We support Polish business in getting ready for implementing, in their own business, the latest ICT technologies including emerging 5G networks and services, in order to increase innovativeness and strengthen the competitiveness of Polish ICT.
We perform works used in practice by entities operating in the market.
Our key values
- Our research activities are focused on development of science and practical application of our research results.
- We define autonomously our research strategy in the field of telecommunications and information technology. That strategy is consistent with assumptions of the national and European economic and research policy.
- Knowledge we acquire and the quality of any researches we perform enable us to achieve and maintain a leading position in the domestic and European market.
- We are the element of the Polish scientific environment. That obliges us to perfection in scientific activities and application of good practices.
- We are an independent organization and we hold a neutral position in relation to any stakeholders.
- We use a public funding, taking care of its proper utilization and settlement. In addition we generate income from commercial sources conducting among others experts, educational and service activities.
- Customer satisfaction is one of key indicators of our success. Any information obtained from customers and results of any works performed for them are treated as strictly confidential.
- Thanks to transformation of scientific achievements into useful innovations we contribute to development of the economy and growth of its competitiveness.
- We cooperate with research organizations and institutions thus contributing to integration of the scientific environment. We actively participate in creation of the European Research Area.
- We take an active part in a dialogue between the scientific environment and the general public. We participate in debates referring to areas of research in which we are active or able to contribute significantly.
- We take care of our scientific, professional and personal development. Any thus obtained knowledge we use for good of the Institute.
- We build good mutual relations. We take care of integration of our employees.
- Delegation of duties and responsibilities guarantees a freedom of work. Any decisions are presented in an open and clear way.
- We have an opportunity to meet with the management and to discuss our professional and personal problems.
- We treat the environment protection as our inherent duty.
- We fulfill any industrial safety - related requirements.